I received these in an email from KnowledgeQuest (www.KnowledgeQuestMaps.com):
Top 5 Must-Have No-Cost Homeschooling Resources
(These are not listed in any particular order because they are all good! Bookmark or sign up for them all!)
- Jim Erskine’s Freebie of the Day – http://www.homeschoolfreebie.wholesomechildhood.com/. If you are not aware of this site, then I am excited to share it with you. Jim works with homeschool publishers to provide you with 1 freebie each day. The link to the freebie is only active for 24 hours, so you have to act fast, but these are quality offerings and not just filler junk. Trust me, I have participated in this program and we have given away a full U.S. geography curriculum on one occasion and another full ebook on another occasion. Other publishers are doing the same thing. So sign up using the “Join List” tab at the top of the page.
- The Old Schoolhouse’s Teacher Toolbox – http://www.thehomeschoolmagazine.com/E_News/index.php#teacherstoolbox. Most of you are probably aware of their Freebie Friday newsletter (if you are not, then sign up for that one as well). But the Teacher Toolbox newsletter is a lesser known treasure. The Teacher’s Toolbox is a great way to inject something extra into your teaching plans especially when you are homeschooling on a shoestring.
- The Homeschool Mom Unit Studies – http://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/schoolroom/unitstudies.php. Actually, the entire Homeschool Mom site is a gem and you should spend some time there getting familiarized with it and find out what it has to offer. But I specifically highlighted the unit study page because unit studies are a great way to homeschool your children especially if you are working with limited funds. You can teach them all the same topic but at varying levels. You can often utilize library books and online information resources – all for free.
- Donna Young Printables and Resources – http://donnayoung.org/index.htm. Yes, this site is a treasure trove of lessons, planners and forms. There is a form for everything you could ever need. I especially like her diplomas! If you are looking for a specific form, a planner or a lesson for a certain subject, make sure that you check here! Donna Young has so many useful forms and resources that you will think you have hit the jackpot.
- Homeschooling ABCs Free 5 Day MiniClass – http://www.homeschoolingabcs.com. Sometimes when you are throwing it all together yourself and not using pre-made curriculum, you can start to wonder if you are on the right track. Worry no longer… sign up for the free 5 day mini-class at the site above and receive information on:
Ø What to Teach and When
Ø 4 Steps to Homeschooling Success
Ø Homeschooling on a Dime
Ø Getting the Help You Need
Ø Planning and Scheduling